[Mapserver-users] line labelling question

Dean Gadoury gadoury at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jun 12 10:45:09 EDT 2003

Regarding the labelling of line features the mapfile reference states:
"Lines are labeled at the middle of the longest arc in the visible
portion of the line."

I assume this means the middle of the visible portion of the line, not
the middle of the full length of the line. Is that correct? I'm just
trying to make sure that if a portion of a line is within the map view
but its actual middle, not just the middle of the visible part, is
outside the map view, that it will still be labelled.

I hope that is sufficiently clear. If not, let me know and I'll try to
elaborate.

Dean

--

Dean Gadoury