[Mapserver-users] Mapserver WMS as server to ArcIMS service

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Thu Jun 12 20:37:26 EDT 2003

Paul -

You are exactly correct - I tried to answer in the middle of a hurried
afternoon, and suffered a serious brain-short.  My answer is exactly
backwards!

When we first implemented WMS services we were frustrated by the
inability of ArcIMS customers to use them at all.

Back to Drew's original question, Paul's Perl/MapScript ArcIMS code will
do something like what you want, and we're just about ready to post an
updated PHP/MapScript version of the same.  Neither one is *exactly*
what you ask for, in that they're both MapScript applications that are
completely independent of WMS - they're better described as
MapServer-based ArcIMS interface-compatible image servers.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: (978) 251-4242  Fax: (978) 251-1396
ed at topozone.com