[mapserver-users] 4.0 win32 binaries, no Oracle?

Pericles S. Nacionales nacional at cbs.umn.edu
Sat Jun 14 17:44:01 EDT 2003

Hi there!  Thanks to Bart van den Eijnden, I've compiled MapServer 4.0
beta1 with Oracle spatial support.  It can be downloaded from
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/win32binaries.html.  You will need to
provide your own oracle client dlls before you can use it so it probably
won't be useful to the majority of win32 users.  For the non-oracle
users who still wish to try the geospatial database "for the rest of
us"...  I have also compiled binaries with postGIS support.  Pick your
poison...  these haven't been tested thoroughly.

-Perry

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 13:30, Andrew Haigh wrote:
> HI,
>
> I'd be rather interested in seeing MapServer 4.0 beta1 with Oracle
> Support. I do have Oracle but I'm not sure which files you would need to
> compile against it. If you can tell me which files I can let you have
> them, alternately, if you register for a free account on the Oracle
> website you can download the Oracle client from their.
>
> Andrew
>
> Pericles S. Nacionales wrote:
>
> >Hi there!  Oracle Spatial support isn't available because I don't have
> >client libraries to compile against.  You might want to check if DM
> >Solutions has a binary with Oracle spatial support.  Their download web
> >site is http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/
> >
> >If you have a client library for Oracle Spatial, I'll try to compile it
> >for you.
> >
> >-Perry N.
> >

> >On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 12:15, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>is there any reason why the 4.0 beta 1 binaries on the website do not have
> >>the mapserver native Oracle Spatial support?
> >>
> >>Should we use Oracle Spatial through OGR?
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Bart

Pericles S. Nacionales <nacional at biosci.cbs.umn.edu>
University of Minnesota