[Mapserver-users] gd-png: fatal libpng error: Invalid number of colors in palette

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Mon Jun 16 11:25:23 EDT 2003

Make sure your code is NOT starting a new imageObj to draw on using "new
mapscript::imageObj()" but rather create it like the following:
my $legend_img = $class->createLegendIcon($map,$layer,200,100);
$class->drawLegendIcon($rmap,$layer,150,50,$legend_img,25,25);
The above works because createLegendIcon adds the map palette to the new
canvas image whereas:
my $legend_img = new mapscript::imageObj(200,100);
does not work because mapscript::imageObj does not add the map palette.
HTH
Lowell F.

The following message was sent by "pkishor_98"
<pkishor at geoanalytics.com> on Sat, 31 May 2003 04:43:51 -0000.