[Mapserver-users] TIFF-Display

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Tue Jun 17 09:08:26 EDT 2003

<snap>
 Is there an image conversion
> tool to produce TIFFs that mapserver can show?

I use Imagemagick's tools quite regular; never encountered problems using
these images with mapserver. Usually, I convert images with it to 8 bit, add
a .tfw file and use gdal_translate to add a coordinate system, if needed.
Works as a charm.
Btw, you can use gdalinfo (I suppose you have compiled gdal?) to get
information about your tiff, e.g. if it is really still an 8-bit 256 colors
image...

Cheers,
Vincent.