[Mapserver-users] ASP and MapServer

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Tue Jun 17 09:52:49 EDT 2003

Unfortunately the index field must be in the dbf/database to provide a
link to the shape.
You could always take the original dbf and create a new dbf from it
which contains the index field or if your loading the data from the dbf
into something else you could populate the field as it is loaded.
Lowell

The following message was sent by "Mario" <noti at ciaoweb.it> on Tue, 17
Jun 2003 15:05:10 +0200.

> Hi Steve,
> dbase tables don't have indexed fields and when I query the database,
> I extract some records in a new recordset. If, as record number, you
> consider the absolute position in the original table I cannot have that
> number.
> Maybe it's possible to scroll all the database with a Find command but
> probably it would be very slow for large tables....
> I 'm new in mapserver, can I find somewhere sample code that opens >
shapefile
> and reads extents for a feature?
>
> Thank you
>
> Mario