[Mapserver-users] ASP and MapServer

Mario noti at ciaoweb.it
Wed Jun 18 04:43:50 EDT 2003

Thank you all for your help, I'm trying to apply suggested solutions...

First of all I tried to querymap the results.
This is the URL call from ASP to mapserv:
******************************
mapserv.exe?
map=mapfile.map
&layer=lakespy2
&mode=itemquery
&qlayer=lakespy2
&item=LAKE_NAME
&LAKE_NAME=WINNIBIGOSHI
&mapext=shapes
*****************************
and this is the mapfile:
*****************************
QUERYMAP
    SIZE 200 200
    STATUS ON
    STYLE HILITE
    COLOR 255 0 0
END
LAYER
    NAME lakespy2
    TYPE POLYGON
    STATUS OFF
    DATA lakespy2
    FILTERITEM LAKE_NAME
    Filter "%LAKE_NAME%"
    CLASS
        NAME 'Lakes & Rivers'
        TEMPLATE "lakespy2.html"
        COLOR 49 117 185
    END
END # lakes
With this settings query results page opens but is there a way to highlight
the results (WINNIBIGOSHI lake in this case) directly in the main map and
not in a new querymap template?

Thanks again

Mario