[Mapserver-users] Deleting old GIF image files

Gregory S. Williamson gsw at globexplorer.com
Mon Jun 23 04:04:27 EDT 2003

I found a utility that can do this for windows versions ... I don't see it in the downloads/utilities list currently. It was in a 50k file called "deltmpfiles.zip" ... I don't want to clutter mail unnecessarilty  but if you can't find it I will send you my version.

Greg Williamson
DBA, GlobeXplorer LLC
gsw at globexplorer.com
====================
This is what the "readme" file says:
deltmpfiles executable. Used to delete files older that a certain time.

Usage : deltmpfiles <directory> [hour]

<directory> :  is the path to the directory where you want to delete files.
[hour] : optional. Delete files older than X hour (default value is 1 hour).

Example of Usage with NT scheduler :

1) Create a .bat file (ex : delfiles.bat) and add the following line
   c:/deltmpfiles e:/tmp/ms_tmp

2) schedule the job using the At NT command :
  at 03:00 /every:M,T,W,Th,F,S,Su "c:\delfiles.bat"

 This will delete all files older the 1 hour in the directory e:/tmp/ms_tmp.
 It will run every day at 3 am.