[Mapserver-users] output to 1band 16 bit geotiff?

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Mon Jun 23 08:41:17 EDT 2003

Hi folks,

I'm using mapserver to rasterize some vector layers, which it is doing great
:)
But, I would like to output more than 256 values, and prefereably directly to
geotiff format (1 band, 16bit unsigned int). I succeed to output geotiff as 3
band rgb color, or as 1 band (byte) but then the output values are not what I
assign in the 'color x x x ' statement in the classes, but the highest color
gets the highest value, or something similar. I'm rasterizing provinces which
all have a code, but the codes are not continuous; there are some gaps. Could
this be done, and how? E.g. I would like to have several classes, where I
define the color in the class as 'color [code] 0 0' or something like that,
and that as output I get a 1band geotiff, *not* pseudocolored/paletted but as
a byte/int band with the code values...

I tried several geotiff outputformat combinations (imagemode INT16,
formatoption BANDTYPE=Int16, etc) but with no avail...

Cheers,
Vincent.