[Mapserver-users] output to 1band 16 bit geotiff?

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Mon Jun 23 09:38:04 EDT 2003

Frank & others,

sorry for my apparently confusing story.
I don't need indexed 16bit images.
I simply want to specify the value the pixel gets in mapserver&gdal 16bit
geotiff output. In mapserver, afaik the only way to specify the output value
of a pixel is 'color r g b'. However, you can specify 16bit output using gdal
in the outputformat tag. But if I specify 16bit output, I always get a
0-filled geotiff... I'd like to be able to specify the 'color' (but with
values > 255) of my 16bit output file. I mean, why have 16-bit ouput if you
cannot specify output values > 255?
So I wondered if, and if yes, how, this was solved using mapserver.
Now, if I specify geotiff output (no 16bit, simple byte output) the classes
simply get a decreasing number from #classes -> 0 (first class in mapfile=
highest number, last class=0). This is not of much use...
If it is not possible, that's ok, than I will write rgb's and convert them...

Thanks,
Vincent.