[Mapserver-users] WMS client problems

USB ruzicka at usbrno.cz
Thu Jun 12 04:10:31 EDT 2003

Hallo everyone,
I use Mapserver 3.6.6-gif-gdal with Apache 1.3.27 on WindowsXP. I tried to connect several times MapServer to any WMS server with definition of layer object -

LAYER
METADATA
"wms_title""Country Boundaries"
"wms_srs""EPSG:4269 EPSG:4326"
END
CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
CONNECTION "http://TSADEV.SPECIESANALYST.NET/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=cntryBound.map&VERSION=1.0.0&LAYERS=country"
NAME 'wms'
TYPE raster
STATUS off
END  # LAYER

but without any success. I obtained in html template only blank screen and there are files *.img.tmp in image directory. If I use GetMap or GetCapabilities in direct http request I will get image or xml doccument without problems.
Then I could to establish my own WMS server and connect to it as WMS client. But then I obtained - "msDrawRaster(): Image handling error. Unrecognized or unsupported image format".
I am not sure what is wrong. Would you be so kind and could send me any suggestions.
Best regards
J. Ruzicka
ruzicka at usbrno.cz