[Mapserver-users] Focus on labelling

Giorgio Plazzotta plazzotta at tiscalinet.it
Mon Jun 16 11:25:21 EDT 2003

------=_NextPart_000_02FB_01C3342C.43CC6560

Hi all, i would like to check what is the situation of labelling and how =
it will work in the next releases, asking the interventions of the =
developers and other users.
Starting from my need to have an alignment option when I label and wrap =
a text, after having already discussed this subject in the mailing list =
it seems that there's no better way to do this than doing two different =
declarations for the same class in the Mapfile, that's not really the =
best solution.
I just checked Bugzilla and I didn't see any request of enhancement to =
do this so I have to assume that this funcionality won't be available in =
the next releases, am I right?
I also saw that there are requests about implementing the spline =
labelling, and the formatting of numbers.
I would like the developers to focus about the labelling funcionalities =
that will be available in the next versions, if possible.
thanx

------=_NextPart_000_02FB_01C3342C.43CC6560

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi all, i would like to check what is =
the situation=20
of labelling and how it will work in the next releases, asking the =
interventions=20
of the developers and other users.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Starting from my need to have an =
alignment option=20
when I label&nbsp;and wrap a text, after having already discussed this =
subject=20
in the mailing list it seems that there's no better way to do this than =
doing=20
two different declarations for the same class in the Mapfile, that's=20
not&nbsp;really the best solution.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I&nbsp;just checked Bugzilla and I =
didn't see any=20
request of enhancement&nbsp;to do this so I have to assume that this=20
funcionality won't be&nbsp;available&nbsp;in the next releases, am I=20
right?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I also saw that there are requests =
about=20
implementing the spline labelling, and the formatting of =
numbers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I would like&nbsp;the developers to =
focus about the=20
labelling funcionalities that will be available in the =
next&nbsp;versions, if=20
possible.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2>thanx</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><FONT=20
size=3D2><FONT>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML=

------=_NextPart_000_02FB_01C3342C.43CC6560--