[Mapserver-users] Rasterization help, TIF->SHP

David Monterroso Cabello pyro-x at ixine.com
Mon Jun 23 16:36:17 EDT 2003

Ed McNierney wrote:

>I think you're mixing a few apples and oranges here.
>
>"Rasterization" is the process of converting vector data to raster data, not the other way around.  MapServer and GDAL provide NO tools for converting raster images into vector data, as that is a complex and rather specialized topic.

Umm, i'm also interested in "the other way", i mean vectorization of
raster data. I've some raster images that are georeferenced and are
formed only from lines over a white background. Do you know about any
tool for the unix world that convert that into vector data (shapefile or
anything) automatically?, perhaps grass??.

    Many thanx

Cheers,
David Monterroso Cabello