[Mapserver-users] Problems with dgn and STYLEITEM "AUTO"

Bjoern Platzen bplatzen at sosnetz.de
Tue Jun 24 03:09:51 EDT 2003

Hello List,

I have got some *.dgn files and they all show pretty through MapServer.

One of them contains all the labels (Streets, Rivers, etc.).
In my mapfile this one looks like:

LAYER
  NAME "beschriftung3"
  TYPE POINT
  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
  CONNECTION "data/beschriftung.dgn"
  DATA "beschriftung.dgn"
  STATUS ON
  MAXSCALE 25000
  STYLEITEM "AUTO"
  CLASSITEM "Level"
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION "1"
  END
END

With ogrinfo, I found out, that the color should be #ff4f0 for "Level"=1
When the scale is between 10.000 and 5.000, this layer is shown as it
should and the labels are coloured red.
If the scale is < 5.000, my labels appear in white, if it's >10.000 the
labels appear in green.

Is there a possibility to define a color for the labels that override
the ones that were generated using Styleitem="auto"? Or is there any
possibility to force mapserver to use the colours defined in the dgn at
any scale??

I'm using Mapserver 3.6.5 compiled with
- gd-2.0.7
- freetype 2.1.4