[Mapserver-users] mapserver crashes at a png file

Carsten Busch carsten.busch at uni-jena.de
Tue Jun 24 13:17:45 EDT 2003

Hello Vincent,
Thank you very much for your quick response.
I tried out your suggestions, and I get a response from the mapserv
application:
./mapserv
"QUERY_STRING=map=/usr/local/apache/htdocs/itasca/demo.map&mode=map"

PNG .....

but if I save the output (>file.png) and want to open the file e.g. with
the display program, I get an error: NotAPNGImageFile.

BTW, I have a linux mandrake system (9.1), it is nearly the same than
redhat.
Could you explain me, how I could test specific layers ?
If I use the layer variable then I get a html document as response?!:
./mapserv
"QUERY_STRING=map=/usr/local/apache/htdocs/itasca/demo.map&mode=map?layer=mypnglayer

Response:

<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>MapServer Message</TITLE></HEAD>
<!-- MapServer version 3.6.6 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=TTF INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
loadForm(): Web application error. Invalid mode.
</BODY></HTML>

Thanks a lot.
?