[Mapserver-users] mapserver crashes at a png file

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Thu Jun 26 09:42:16 EDT 2003

Carsten,

I am afraid I don't know why your mapserver crashes on png's...
About the tiff issue: mapserver 3.6.x is not able to handle/output 24bit
color. So whatever image you deliver it, it should be indexed color (8bit).
If you want 24bit color you need to use mapserver-4.0 which is the cvs
(development) version now, but will be released quite soon afaik. I am using
this version all the time and it is pretty stable, so you could try if you
like. Btw if speed is an issue for you and harddisk space isn't, tiff as
input generally is faster that png because mapserver doesn't have to
uncompress it. At least, when you don't use tiff internal compression.

Regards,
Vincent.