[Mapserver-users] Non-Rectangular Tiles in TILEINDEX ?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu May 1 15:48:54 EDT 2003

Yes, although I need to look at the code to be sure. Even with though
there are situations where
a tile may be processed when it doesn't intersect the AOI it's still
far better than no tiling in all. In
general regular shaped tiles will provide the best performance as Ed
mentions.

Steve

>>> "Ed McNierney" <ed at topozone.com> 05/01/03 01:59PM >>>
Steve -

Thanks; I didn't realize that.  So non-rectangular tiles basically end
up being treated the same as rectangular tiles (i.e. bounding boxes)
enclosing the same polygons?

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker