[Mapserver-users] OracleSpatial and .NET...

Becher, Richard RichardBecher at SierraSystems.com
Tue May 6 13:42:07 EDT 2003

Hi there,

I have just completed compiling everything (PHP_Mapscript and Mapserver)
to include OracleSpatial.  I know that PHP_Mapscript is working since I
see the right results when I run phpinfo().

1. How can I tell if OracleSpatial is properly referenced/included?  I
included the switch but I don't see anything in phpinfo referencing
Oracle (except my environment variables).

2. Where can I get some basic documentation on how to create a simple
Mapserver application to test basic data from an OracleSpatial SDO
object (want to connect via an SQL like command in a Layer object)?

3. My environment is Windows/IIS, ASP.NET website (want to add a page or
two for maps) and Oracle 8i with the Spatial cartridge.  Anyone out
there in a similar situation?  If so, any hints, tips, warnings would be
greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Richard