[Mapserver-users] Re: data/mapfile organization advice sought

pkishor_98 pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Tue May 13 09:09:02 EDT 2003

--- In mapserver-users at yahoogroups.com, Jan Hartmann <jhart at f...> wrote:
..
> Note that for security reasons the DATA statement is *not*
scriptable by
> default any more. You have to put "DATAPATTERN <regex>" somewhere in
> your MapFile. <regex> is a regular expression; only DATA-pathnames
> agreeing with that expression are allowed after that. When you leave
> DATAPATTERN out, all scripted DATA calls will be silently ignored.
..

woo hoo! methinks this is what I want. Thank Jan.

by the way, if a data file referenced in the mapfile is not found,
then Mapserver usually croaks. Is there a switch to make Mapserver
ignore errors? As I mentioned earlier, while existing layers are all
named the same, there are a few layers missing for a few countries.
For example, layer9 might not exist for a couple of countries, etc.
Would be easier for me if I could simply include all the layers in my
mapfile, but if a particular layer didn't exist, it would be simply
ignored by Mapserver.