[Mapserver-users] Re: data/mapfile organization advice sought

pkishor_98 pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Tue May 13 11:31:43 EDT 2003

--- In mapserver-users at yahoogroups.com, Jan Hartmann <jhart at f...> wrote:
> It's new in 3.7 since last December. It's mentioned only in the WIKI:
..

ok folks. Thanks to everyone who helped. DATAPATTERN seems like the
way to go _once_ I am switched to 3.7. Right now I am still on
Mapserver 2000 ;-). So, I will stick to other methods.

I might try tiling -- never done that. But that means massaging the
data. I would rather use the data as provided. Still, would be a good
thing to learn.

Stepan's suggestion of using $mapObj->{shapepath} works, but, of
course, going this route means I have to basically can most every
setting in my mapfile, and set just about everything with mapscript. A
bit cumbersome to execute, but works quite well.

Stepan's suggested route is what I am going to embark on for now.

Many thanks to everyone who responded.