[Mapserver-users] Browse/Query/Nquery

Richard Kingston richard at geography.leeds.ac.uk
Wed May 14 09:51:11 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I'm having problems with the mode=query function.  I've checked previous
postings but my problem remains!!

When I submit my form I'm trying to get the query inserted into a frame
called "attributesFrame".  I'm using the onSubmit function in the form
which should put query/nquery information into the frame or if it's in
browse mode puts it into "_self".

Below is my javascript followed by my html template.  When I submit the
form in query mode it puts the query into "_self" rather than
attributesFrame but the URL string which gets returned contains mode=query.

I've tried amending my radio button line to contain something like
[mode_browse_check] etc. rather than just checked but this still doesn't
work.

Any ideas?  Am I missing something obvious?

function attFrame() {
  if (document.mapserv.mode.value == 'query'  ||
document.mapserv.mode.value == 'nquery') {
        document.mapserv.target = "attributesFrame";
        }
  else {
    document.mapserv.target = "_self";
    }
}

<form method=get action="/cgi-bin/mapserv" name="mapserv"
onSubmit="attFrame()">

<input type="radio" name="mode" value="browse" checked> <b>Browse
map</b><br>
<input type="radio" name="mode" value="nquery"> <b>Query multiple
features</b>

  Richard Kingston
  Centre for Computational Geography,
  School of Geography, University of Leeds,
  England. LS2 9JT
  Tel: +44(0)113-34-33286 Fax: +44(0)113-34-33308
  http://www.ccg.leeds.ac.uk/democracy/