[Mapserver-users] RE: POSTGIS connector - fixed version.

steff stephane.riff at cerene.fr
Thu May 15 06:18:54 EDT 2003

Hi,

I tried the patch but i still have the same problem:

Fatal error: Assertion failed, Could not set shape values: 0, 0

when i do a queryByPoint on postgis layers.
(i use postgis-cvs(15/05/2003) and postgres 7.3.2 with mapserver 3.6.5)

I've got a postgis layer

LAYER
  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
  NAME "Contour_Departements"
  CONNECTION "dbname=db port=5555 user=apache"
  DATA "the_geom from giscontourdepartement"
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS OFF
  GROUP "Contour"
  HEADER blank.html
  FOOTER blank.html
  CLASS
    NAME "Contour_Departements1"
    EXPRESSION ([dept_id] = 0)
    SYMBOL "star"
    SIZE 8
    OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
    COLOR 255 0 255
    OVERLAYSYMBOL "downwarddiagonalfill"
    OVERLAYSIZE 6
    OVERLAYCOLOR 0 0 0
    TEMPLATE "itemquery_template.html"
  END
  CLASS
    NAME "Contour_Departements2"
    EXPRESSION ([dept_id] = 1)
    SYMBOL "cross"
    SIZE 8
    OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
    COLOR 255 128 64
    TEMPLATE "itemquery_template.html"
  END

  METADATA
   LYRNAME "Contour de Départements"
   TABLE_NAME "giscontourdepartement"
   RESULT_FIELDS "area"
   WMS_SRS  "EPSG:27582"
   WMS_ORDER "2"
  END

END

I want to query this layer with :

    $nClickGeoX = pix2Geo($_SESSION["map_x"], 0, $map->width,$dfMinX,
$dfMaxX, 0);
    $nClickGeoY = pix2Geo($_SESSION["map_y"], 0, $map->height,$dfMinY,
$dfMaxY, 1);
    $oClickGeo = ms_newPointObj();
    $oClickGeo->setXY($nClickGeoX, $nClickGeoY);
    $err = @$map->queryByPoint($oClickGeo, MS_SINGLE, -1);
    if($err == MS_SUCCESS)
    {
      $queryResults=TRUE;
      dumpQueryResults () ;
      print( "<script
language=\"javascript\">parent.queryResult.window.location=\"legend/queryRes
ult.php\";</script>" );
    }

Does the patch suppose to fix my problem, Do i miss something.....
The only thing i'm sure is that i got it work with postgres 7.2.3 and
postgis 0.7.5 with mapserver 3.6.5

Can You help me,

Thanks all,
steff.