[Mapserver-users] Please Help me

aborruso at spaziogis.it aborruso at spaziogis.it
Thu May 15 14:11:12 EDT 2003

Thank you Vincent.
Now I have (in the dos consolle) a normal message error, the message I
would like to read also in my browser.  But in my browser I have:
"CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of
HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:"
This is the url : http://mapserver.spaziogis.it/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:
\nodata\map.map&mode=map

In my console I have: "msLoadMap(): Unable to access file.
(/var/mapserver/mapfiles/province2.map)".
I have written: mapserv "QUERY_STRING=map=c:\nodata\map.map&mode=map".

I have:
<!-- MapServer version 3.6.3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPO
RTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=
POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->

Do you have any other advices??

Thank you for all,

Andrea

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Vincent Schut   |
|         |           <schut at sarvision|
|         |           .com>           |
|         |                           |
|         |           15/05/2003 13.43|
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  |        Per:     aborruso at spaziogis.it, "Palle Due Larsen" <palle at mail-online.dk>                                             |
  |        Cc:      mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu                                                                            |
  |        Oggetto: Re: [Mapserver-users] Please Help me                                                                         |

the correct way to do this is:
./mapserv "QUERY_STRING=map=/var/mapserver/mapfiles/province2.map&mode=map"
(of course fill in your own mapfile and eventual other parameters. I think
you
need to specify at least map and mode. This example prints the image data
stdout, so you will see your png or gif or whatever scrolling as ascii on
you
terminal :-)
Works with mapserver-3.7. Don't know if it works with 3.6.x versions.

Regards,
Vincent.