[Mapserver-users] Black MapView

Erwin Bimüller erwin.bimueller at lkee.de
Fri May 16 04:50:11 EDT 2003

Hello MapServer users,

I am a beginner with MapServer and have downloaded and installed the
software and the itasca-example. When I call the demo_init.html and klick
the Initialize-Button in Internet Explorer, the demo.html-Page is correctly
opened but I get only a black Map View. Trying to query yields the following
message: "msQueryByPoint(): Search returned no results. No matching
record(s) found."
Testing the mapserv.exe according to the Installation Instruction was
successful.
I am not quite familiar with Apache. I am using the Apache-Installation that
comes with Oracle 9.i. I started Apache.exe by doubleclick, additional the
Oracle-HTTP-Server is running as a Service.

System: Windows 2000, Oracle 9.i, Apache (shipped with Oracle)

Sincerely
Erwin

  Erwin Bimüller
  GIS-Koordinator