[Mapserver-users] NULLs in GRASS-files

Jan Hartmann jhart at frw.uva.nl
Tue May 20 09:56:38 EDT 2003

I'm not sure if this is the right list, but I guess this one is the most
likely to find an answer. I am displaying in MapServer one-byte GRASS
raster maps with NULL values. Colors show up as defined in GRASS's color
table (in the colr subdirectory): if I change a color there, MapServer
immediately displays the new color (very nice feature that). This does
not hold for NULLS however: these are always white and NOT transparent.

In GRASS5 there is a colortable item for No Values; e.g. nv:255:0:0 will
set all NULLs to red in the GRASS monitor. In MapServer they remain
white. Is this a problem of MapServer, GDAL, or myself?

Jan