Rif: Re: [Mapserver-users] Please Help me

aborruso at spaziogis.it aborruso at spaziogis.it
Tue May 20 13:57:19 EDT 2003

Hi Michael,
I have tried to url encode my path with the same result.
I have:
-"msLoadMap(): Unable to access file. (c:\nodata\map.map)" when I put the
string in dos cosole
-"The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set
of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:" when I run it from the
browser

What do you think about??

Thank you,

Andrea

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Michael Schulz  |
|         |           <mschulz at webgis.|
|         |           de>             |
|         |                           |
|         |           20/05/2003 09.46|
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  |        Per:                                                                                                                  |
  |        Cc:      aborruso at spaziogis.it, mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu                                                     |
  |        Oggetto: Re: [Mapserver-users] Please Help me                                                                         |

maybe already mentioned, and i am also not sure whether the windows version
stumbles over this or not, but have you tried to url encode the path you
submit
to mapserv? Something like mapserv
"QUERY_STRING=map=c%3a%5cnodata%5cmap.map&mode=map" ? You could try these
encodings also in the url. Just a guess.

Cheers, Michael

Vincent Schut schrieb:

> Andrea,
>
> sorry, but I don't know about that. If you use php_mapscript (which I do)
you
> [...]
> > I read in my browser an "obscure" error: "CGI Error The specified CGI
> > application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.
The
> > headers it did return are:"
> > When I have had in my server a working mapserver application I had the
> > possibility to read error clearer error messages in my browser. For
this
> > reason I think there is something "strange" in my actual mapserver
> > installation.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Andrea
> >
> > |---------+--------------------------->
> > |
> > |         |           Vincent Schut   |
> > |         |           <schut at sarvision|
> > |         |           .com>           |
> > |         |
> > |         |           19/05/2003 09.39|
> > |
> > |---------+--------------------------->
> > |
> >   >
> >   >------------------------------------------------------|
> >   >
> >   |        Per:     aborruso at spaziogis.it
> >   |                                                      | Cc:
> >   | mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu, "Palle Due Larsen"
> >   | <palle at mail-online.dk>                                 | Oggetto:
Re:
> >   | [Mapserver-users] Please Help me
> >   |                                  |
> >   >
> >   >------------------------------------------------------|
> >
> > Well, as it sais 'msloadmap (the function that produced the error
message:
> > the
> > mapfile loading function): unable to access file', either the path or
name
> > of
> > your mapfile is invalid, or mapserver does not have access to it. As I
> > think
> > you are on windows I am afraid I can't help you with file access
issues. I
> > have only experience with this on linux. Maybe someone else on the list
can

> > help you with that.
> > But first check if your mapfile is really there and does exist.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Vincent.
> >
> > On Thursday 15 May 2003 20:11, aborruso at spaziogis.it wrote:
> > > Thank you Vincent.
> > > Now I have (in the dos consolle) a normal message error, the message
> > > would like to read also in my browser.  But in my browser I have:
> > > "CGI Error
> > > The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
set

> > of
> >
> > > HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:"
> > > This is the url :
> >
> > http://mapserver.spaziogis.it/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:
> > > \nodata\map.map&mode=map
> > >
> > > In my console I have: "msLoadMap(): Unable to access file.
> > > (/var/mapserver/mapfiles/province2.map)".
> > > I have written: mapserv "QUERY_STRING=map=c:
\nodata\map.map&mode=map".

> > > I have:
> > > <!-- MapServer version 3.6.3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
> >

> OUTPUT=WBMP> SUPPO> RTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER

SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7> INPUT=> POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL

INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->

> > > Do you have any other advices??
> > >
> > > Thank you for all,
> > >
> > > Andrea
> > >
> > > |---------+--------------------------->
> > > |
> > > |         |           Vincent Schut   |
> > > |         |           <schut at sarvision|
> > > |         |           .com>           |
> > > |         |
> > > |         |           15/05/2003 13.43|
> > > |
> > > |---------+--------------------------->

> > >   >------------------------------------------------------|
> > >   >
> > >   |        Per:     aborruso at spaziogis.it, "Palle Due Larsen"
> > >   | <palle at mail-online.dk>
|
> > >   | Cc:      mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
> > >   |                                               | Oggetto: Re:
> > >   | [Mapserver-users] Please Help me

> > >   >------------------------------------------------------|
> > >
> > > the correct way to do this is:
> > > ./mapserv
> >
> > "QUERY_STRING=map=/var/mapserver/mapfiles/province2.map&mode=map"
> >
> > > (of course fill in your own mapfile and eventual other parameters. I
> >
> > think
> >
> > > you
> > > need to specify at least map and mode. This example prints the image
data
> > > stdout, so you will see your png or gif or whatever scrolling as
ascii on
> > > you
> > > terminal :-)
> > > Works with mapserver-3.7. Don't know if it works with 3.6.x versions.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Vincent.

I'm

impossible