[Mapserver-users] how to creat reference map?

Thorsten Fischer thfischer at mapmedia.de
Wed May 21 11:40:32 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 01:18, pond bear wrote:
> I have to a geotiff raster file and a shape file. I want to creat a small
> reference map for them. how to do it?
> Thanks  a lot.

1. include your data in a standard cgi mapserver application

2. zoom/pan to the area that you want to serve as a reference map. You
probably want to use a very small map, like 150x150 pixels for example.

3. take the values for [imgext]/[mapext] from the page in your web
browser. that's the actual extent for the current image.

4. save the map image. you can now use this as your reference map.

hth,

thorsten