[Mapserver-users] Proplem in Projection and Raster Images

Thorsten Fischer thfischer at mapmedia.de
Fri May 23 09:41:41 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 11:07, Steffen Gebhardt wrote:
> Hallo everybody,
>
> I have a Problem in diplaying raster images. I've included a raster image in
> the .map file, but It isn't displayed while all my shape files are displayed.
> the code is like this:
>
> LAYER # background image
>   NAME "elevation"
>   DATA "ele_eu.tif"
>   STATUS ON
>   TYPE RASTER
>   OFFSITE 0
> END # end layer object

Difficult to judge without additional information. Is the image file
accessible to the webserver process? Is .tif support compiled into
mapserver? Are its coordinates in the same coordinate system as your
shape files are? The STATUS is set to ON; have you asked for it to be
displayed with "layer=elevation" in your URL? Does the SHAPEPATH in your
mapfile point to the location where the file is located?

> Further i can't choose projection LATLON, where the code is:
>
> PROJECTION
>   proj=latlon
>   ellps=clrk66
> END

I do not have much experience with projections that goes beyond writing
"init=epsg:XXXX" here, but you might want to enclose your parameters in
quotes, like this:

PROJECTION
  "proj=latlon"
  "ellps=clrk66"