[Mapserver-users] Prb with Php as CGI

Etud SRC2 - MONTEILLET yoan monteillety at iut-dijon.u-bourgogne.fr
Tue May 27 05:42:30 EDT 2003

Hello

I am trying to use Localis (http://www.localis.org) which use Mapserver. I work
with Php 4.2.3, Apache 1.2.26, Mysql 4.0 on linux Mandrake 9.1 (Install of
those elements made with the packages)...
However, the following errors keep coming up in the browser :

Fatal error: Due to thread-safety problems, php_mapscript cannot be used as
a 'apache' module. You will have to reconfigure your PHP as a CGI to run this
version of MapScript. See http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?
PHPMapScriptCGI. in /var/www/html/mapserver/www/localis/localis.php on line 115

I have understand that i could compileted PhP4.2.3 as CGI with a new install.
But i can just use the packages. My installation with the ./configure is not
available.

I'm in  training for studies and have just few days to succeed this
installation.
Can you help me ?

Thanks.
Yoann