[Mapserver-users] transparent background raster (tif)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 27 16:34:04 EDT 2003

Rosangela Silva wrote:
> Thanks all for help.
> Ed, your solution works, but the resultant image isn't
> colorful, it is in gray scale, why?
> Can I specify 2 or more OFFSITE values ??

Rosângela,

If you use MapServer classification on a raster image in 3.6.x (and I
think in later versions) it will just use the first band of the input
raster, skipping all the RGB compositing logic, since classifications
as they stand now can only be applied to single valued rasters.

There is no direct support for multiple offsite values in MapServer 3.6.x
or later.

I stand by my claim that the best approach is to reprocess the image using
image processing software of some sort.

Best regards,