[Mapserver-users] Label results of a database query

Matthias Schulz schulz at gaf.de
Mon Nov 3 10:34:23 EST 2003

Hi all,

Is there a way to use the results of a datbase query for labeling a
layer? As far as I tried it is not possible to label a layer with a
joined item otherwise I would have written out a dbf file (from a Java
servlet) and joined it to the layer. But I need to use it as label. I
would prefer a way I could use with Java (servlet) but if there is a way
perhaps with MapScript I would also be interested in it.
I also thought about using inline features but if I had to label a lot
of objects I will have to create a lot of new features.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Matthias

---
Matthias Schulz

GAF AG     Arnulfstr. 197    80634 Muenchen   Germany
tel.: +49 (0)89 121528-28    fax: +49 (0)89 121528-79
mailto:schulz at gaf.de         http://www.gaf.de