[Mapserver-users] scaling labels

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Tue Nov 4 04:25:12 EST 2003

Hello,

scaling of symbols and labels is done using SYMBOLSCALE on the layerobj
together with MINSIZE and MAXSIZE on styleobj/symbolobj and labelobj, to
limit dynamic sizing between these values.

Not 100% sure, but i don't think Truetype is required.

More information:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc40/mapfile-reference.html#layer

Cheers und Grüße,
Michael

Spalting, Hermann (Kreis Lippe) schrieb:

> I want my labels to be scaled like in a photocopy. Becomming bigger and
> bigger when zooming in.
> How does that work? Are truetypes required?
>
> Hermann Spalting
> Kreis Lippe
> FG 4.4
> Felix-Fechenbach-Straße 5
> 32756 Detmold
> email: <<mailto:h.spalting at lippe.de>>
> Tel: 05231/62-625 (oder -7827)

Michael Schulz                                in medias res
Dipl.-Geologe                              Gesellschaft für
                                 Informationstechnologie mbH
                                      In den Weihermatten 66
		                             79108 Freiburg
                                      0761 55695-95 (Fax 96)