[Mapserver-users] getFeatureInfo on dynamic layer -emptyexception

Frieso ter Haseborg ter-haseborg at sf-datentechnik.de
Tue Nov 4 06:14:41 EST 2003

Hi Debbie,

yes, I get an image of my dynamic layers. It works for one and for
multiple layers and also in combination with static data from vector- or
raster-files.

>[...]I need to add some parameters
>to the connection string.
In my setup it works without parameters like
"?version=1.1.0&request=Getmap&layers=...&format=..." since MS add's
them automatically when performing a WMS-request like
http://latlong24.gis.agr.gc.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv_40?map=/usr/www/httpd/htd
ocs/mapdata/itis/test.map&Layers=taxa&mode=map
In the connection-parm I've just the path to the php, actually there
will be added some parameters like 'uid' and 'pwd' for security
purposes, but no wms-parms since this are passed automatically.
btw: This should work for you too, AFAIK this is standard MS behaviour,
I didn't add any special features to achieve this.

In my understanding MS should call my php with the request passed behind
the mapfile-parm, so when calling
http://my.ip/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=../htdocs/kmvims/test.map&version=1
.1.0&request=GetMap

I want MS to call my php like this:
http://my.ip/kmvims/test4.php?version=1.1.0&request=GetMap. This part
works!

When calling
http://my.ip/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=../htdocs/kmvims/test.map&version=1
.1.0&request=GetFeatureInfo&query_layers=wms&x=251&y=329&INFO_FORMAT=tex
t/plain

I want MS to call my php like this:
http://my.ip/kmvims/test4.php?version=1.1.0&request=GetFeatureInfo&query
_layers=wms&x=251&y=329&INFO_FORMAT=text/plain

So I could do the getFeatureInfo-processing in my php and just return a
plain text, html or whatever MS needs to process. But MS refuses to call
the php at all on doing a getFeatureInfo-req.

I'm not sure if I understand the query-interface part, I thought in a
wms-implementation each layer would return the results in a certain
format and MS would combine them. Is there any documentation about a
query-interface I overlooked?

>Are you able to send a getfeatureinfo request directly to your script
>http://my.ip/kmvims/test4.php
>as in
>http://my.ip/kmvims/test4.php?version=1.1.0&request=getfeaturei
>nfo&query_layers=wms&x=251&y=329&INFO_FORMAT=text/plain??
Yes this works, on a call like this I get a "test" as a result of my
"echo 'test'" coded for the "getFeatureInfo"-part.

TIA,
Frieso