[Mapserver-users] WMS connection for BC Albers -- howto ??

Swaminathan, Gayathri gayathri at ou.edu
Tue Nov 4 10:58:18 EST 2003

Stephen,
Check this out for info on how to use WMS Client....

http://www.refractions.net/arc3wms/

But,if you opened the OGC file Shane sent in a text editor, you will find
the onlineresource URL and the Bbox...

So here goes your layer definition, that should work,

LAYER
      NAME "wms_bcgov"
      TYPE RASTER
      STATUS ON
      CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
      CONNECTION URL
"http://slkapps2.env.gov.bc.ca/servlet/com.esri.wms.Esrimap&layers=<layernam
e>"
      METADATA
        "wms_srs"             "EPSG:42102"
        "wms_name"            "wms_bgov"
        "wms_server_version"  "1.1.3"
#        "wms_formatlist"      "image/gif,image/png,image/jpeg,image/wbmp"
        "wms_format"          "image/png"
      END
     PROJECTION
       "init=epsg:42102"
     END
END

Substitute the <layername> with your layer of interest.,
http://slkapps2.env.gov.bc.ca/servlet/com.esri.wms.Esrimap?version=1.1.0&req
uest=capabilities

Returns the complete set of layers available.

HTH
Gayathri