AW: [Mapserver-users] scaling labels

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Wed Nov 5 02:38:19 EST 2003

Dear Mr. Spalting,

I put in some code from a point layer, we're labeling with a symbol and
use both, maxscale and symbolscale and it works:

LAYER
   NAME 'Foto'
   DATA 'pathto_and_name_of_data'
   STATUS ON
   TYPE ANNOTATION
   LABELMAXSCALE 1000
   SYMBOLSCALE 500
  METADATA
   WMS_SRS 'epsg:31493'
   WMS_TITLE 'Foto'
  END
  PROJECTION
      	'init=epsg:31493'
  END
  CLASSITEM 'id'
  LABELITEM 'winkel'
  LABELANGLEITEM 'Rotation'
   CLASS
    NAME 'Photo'
    EXPRESSION /^foto/
    LABEL
     TYPE TRUETYPE
     FONT "symbol"
     SIZE 15
     COLOR 0 0 0
    END
   END  # CLASS
END # END LAYERFILE

If you comment this:

 > #     TYPE TRUETYPE
 > #     FONT "arial"
 >       SIZE MEDIUM

There is nothing to be displayed. At least use

TYPE BITMAP
SIZE MEDIUM

Hope that helps,

Till

--

***** Besuchen Sie uns auf der acqua alta *****
*****   vom 24.-27. November in München   *****

-----

Dipl. Geogr. Till Adams
terrestris, Paulsen&Adams GbR
Siemensstr. 8 * 53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228 962 899 52 * Fax.: 0228 962 899 57
info at terrestris.de * www.terrestris.de