[Mapserver-users] swf output problems with ms4w 0.6

BAUD remi remi.baud at eivd.ch
Wed Nov 5 14:54:28 EST 2003

HI the list,

I'm trying to enable the swf output format for mapserver.
I currently use the ms4w 0.6 package and wanted to try it for the gmap
application.

I've seen many discussion, wikis, dmsolutions flash support documentation, but I did never arrive to
output swf format.

I've used this config:

In the map file:

IMAGETYPE SWF

OUTPUTFORMAT
     NAME swf
     MIMETYPE
    "application/x-shockwave-flash"
    DRIVER swf
    IMAGEMODE PC256
    FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=MULTIPLE"
END

The resulting error is : Call to a member function on a non-object for $url = $img->saveWebImage();
and no file is outputed in my tem files.

With the FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=SINGLE", I got an swf created in the temp file, but an
error says strangely "Failing writing Image"

I know that I can use the $gpoMap->SelectOutputFormat("SWF");
but I got the same problem with it.

I've tried to output other format by changing the "Imagetype"in the  map files and it goes well for
JPEG, GIF, PNG.

My version of mapserver & mapscript are 4.0.1.

Do someone can tell me what's wrong?

I've installed the shockwave plugin from macromedia, do I need something
else more?

That just boring me a little because I've already spend about 3 days to see what's wrong...
Any suggestion would be welcome!

cheers