[Mapserver-users] mapserv does not work.

Mahinn Zahoor MZahoor at lmkr.com
Thu Nov 6 05:04:09 EST 2003

--=_alternative 00370CC545256DD6_=

i did run ldd mapserv
it didnt show path required for libgd.so.2 although did mention that it is
not found.
also i edited the  /etc/ld.so.conf  and added the path for libgd.so.2 i.e.
/usr/local/lib
ran ldconfig but still the same error is there....

What should i do?

Regards
Mahinn Zahoor

*----------------------------------------------------
Confidentiality Notice: The information in this document and attachments
is confidential and may also be legally privileged.. If you are not an
intended recipient, as indicated above, please notify us immediately.  In
such event, you should not copy or use this e-mail for any purpose nor
disclose its contents to anyone. Enclosed information and attachments
remain the property of LMK Resources. Opinions,conclusions, attachments
business of LMK Resources should be understood as my personal
responsibility, and as neither given nor endorsed by my company. Thank
you.

Nicolas Boretos <nicolas at maich.gr>
Sent by: mapserver-users-admin at lists.gis.umn.edu
11/06/2003 12:52 PM

Mahinn Zahoor <MZahoor at lmkr.com>
cc
"Mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu" <Mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
Subject
Re: [Mapserver-users] mapserv does not work.

Mahinn Zahoor wrote:

> Hello all
> i am a new one to install maperver on linux environment.
> i have installed all the packages successfully required for mapserver,
> under the maperver directory i issue the following command
>
> *./configure --with-gd=/usr/local --with-proj=/usr/local/
> --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-jpg=/usr/local*
>
> it gets configured all ok.
> then i run
>
> *make *
> things go successfully
>
> but when i run
> *./mapserv*  i get the following error regarding *libgd.so.2*
> Cannot open shared file
> No such file or directory
>

> i am running Apache 2.0.48 and there is nothing in its error log.
>
> Please reply asap.
>
> Regards
> Mahinn

Hi,

First run

"ldd"  mapserv

This'll show you library dependencies of mapserv executable and show you
where it expects to find libgd.so.2

If it does not find it, you probably have to either put in a direcory
where your dynamic loader  looks

In Slackware at least, look at /etc/ld.so.conf, add/edit path to
libgd.so.2 and run

"ldconfig"  in this directory after editing.

regards,
nicolas boretos

--=_alternative 00370CC545256DD6_=

although did mention that it is not found.</font>
&nbsp;and added the path for libgd.so.2 i.e. /usr/local/lib</font>
is there....</font>
*----------------------------------------------------<br>
Confidentiality Notice: The information in this document and attachments
is confidential and may also be legally privileged.. If you are not an
intended recipient, as indicated above, please notify us immediately. &nbsp;In
such event, you should not copy or use this e-mail for any purpose nor
disclose its contents to anyone. Enclosed information and attachments remain
the property of LMK Resources. Opinions,conclusions, attachments and other
information in this message that do not relate to the official business
of LMK Resources should be understood as my personal responsibility, and
as neither given nor endorsed by my company. Thank you.<br>
&lt;Mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu&gt;</font>
does not work.</font></table>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hello all<br>
&gt; i am a new one to install maperver on linux environment.<br>
&gt; i have installed all the packages successfully required for mapserver,
&gt; under the maperver directory i issue the following command<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; *./configure --with-gd=/usr/local --with-proj=/usr/local/ <br>
&gt; --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-jpg=/usr/local*<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; it gets configured all ok.<br>
&gt; then i run<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; *make *<br>
&gt; things go successfully<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; but when i run<br>
&gt; *./mapserv* &nbsp;i get the following error regarding *libgd.so.2*<br>
&gt; Cannot open shared file<br>
&gt; No such file or directory<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; i am running Apache 2.0.48 and there is nothing in its error log.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Please reply asap.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Regards<br>
&gt; Mahinn<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
Hi,<br>
First run<br>
&quot;ldd&quot; &nbsp;mapserv<br>
This'll show you library dependencies of mapserv executable and show you
where it expects to find libgd.so.2<br>
If it does not find it, you probably have to either put in a direcory <br>
where your dynamic loader &nbsp;looks<br>
In Slackware at least, look at /etc/ld.so.conf, add/edit path to <br>
libgd.so.2 and run<br>
&quot;ldconfig&quot; &nbsp;in this directory after editing.<br>
regards,<br>
nicolas boretos<br>