[Mapserver-users] PHP/Mapsript - Dynamic classification capability

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Nov 6 10:42:48 EST 2003

Swas wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I've installed PHP/MapScript (version 3.6.6 with PHP 4.3.1) on my
> machine (Win 2000 SP 4) quite a while.
> There are some questions regarding its capabilities, namely
> a. Can MapServer classify a layer dynamically based on the attribute
> values retrieved from a database? How it can be done? Is there any
> example somewhere?

Short answer is yes, and there are lots of discussions about this in the
list archives including code examples for various way to achieve this.

Try a Google search for:
   mapserver create dynamic layer database site:umn.edu"

> b. I've heard that MapServer can draw pie/bar chart on the map. Is it
> true? Is there any example on this?

No MapServer doesn't draw charts out of the box.  But of course using
MapScript you could code something that would produce the charts and
paste them on the map.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca