[Mapserver-users] first time user - IIS, WindowsXP, binary installation difficulty

Miles Hochstein miles at laughingflea.com
Thu Nov 6 22:53:28 EST 2003

--=====================_128694859==.ALT

I have downloaded installed the win32 binary (4.0) on my winxp machine. (I
see that only Windows 2000 is mentioned...should it work at all on WinXP?)

The problem is that Mapserve.exe is happily sitting in
c:/inetpub/scripts  and various dll seem to be in the Windows directory.

But I get an error message that gdal11.dll is not installed (or available)
and that reinstalling may fix this problem.  But gdal11.dll is there in my
Windows directory.  I also received a mesage that some other dll file was
missing, but I confirmed that it too was in the Windows directory.

I could try reinstalling, but I'd like to understand the problem too.

What do I need to do here to get this thing working in a rudimentary
way?  thanks!

Miles

--=====================_128694859==.ALT

I have downloaded installed the win32 binary (4.0) on my winxp machine.
(I see that only Windows 2000 is mentioned...should it work at all on
WinXP?)<br><br>
The problem is that Mapserve.exe is happily sitting in
c:/inetpub/scripts&nbsp; and various dll seem to be in the Windows
directory.&nbsp; <br><br>
But I get an error message that gdal11.dll is not installed (or
available) and that reinstalling may fix this problem.&nbsp; But
gdal11.dll is there in my Windows directory.&nbsp; I also received a
mesage that some other dll file was missing, but I confirmed that it too
was in the Windows directory.&nbsp; <br><br>
I could try reinstalling, but I'd like to understand the problem
too.<br><br>
What do I need to do here to get this thing working in a rudimentary
way?&nbsp; thanks!<br><br>
Miles<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
&nbsp;<br><br>