[Mapserver-users] GMAP does not work with TIFF

Alexander Pucher pucher at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at
Fri Nov 7 08:05:29 EST 2003

HI,

following my previous mail about logging, the actual problem I have
right now is a different one (I was hoping to get it solved by reading
the logging information...)

I installed MS 4.0.1 today with most of the available functionality
(PostGIS, SDE, ming, PDF, GDAL/OGR etc.) To test the installation, I
installed GMAP-MS40. Everything works, except the displaying of the TIFF
layer.

gmap75.phtml is rendered, but stops right at the point where the
RosaApplet is included. No error is shown!
If I however turn off the 'Elevation/Bathymetry' layer, everything works
just fine.

Testing the mapfile with shp2img gives me a correct image and this debug
info:

[Fri Nov  7 13:48:44 2003].930293 msDrawRasterLayerLow(bathymetry):
entering.
[Fri Nov  7 13:48:44 2003].936846 msDrawGDAL(): red,green,blue,alpha
bands = 1,0,0,0

Any hints,
alex.