[Mapserver-users] MapServer raster 'cracking' problem

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Sun Nov 9 09:59:49 EST 2003

Omry -

Take the output image you're requesting, do the math, and figure out
where the source pixels are coming from.  Examine the coordinates of the
real output pixel being generated along the "crack" and see where the
source data is coming from.  Please also look at how MapServer selects
the source data to use for a given output pixel, recognizing that
MapServer is optimized for quick image output rather than optimum image
quality, and does not combine source pixels to produce an output pixel
(in a tiled raster layer that is).

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker