[Mapserver-users] WMS servers for BC and western Canada??

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Mon Nov 10 16:22:41 EST 2003

Stephen,

   As far as I know,  there is no WMS service for the Canadian topo maps
(1:50k or 1:250k).  We plan on rolling one out (as a subscription service
with a low monthly fee) as soon as the licensing and royalty issues are
ironed out with Natural Resources Canada (the copyright holders).

  The closest thing I've found so far is NRCan's Toporama.  It renders
"topographic maps" from a vector database to your browser, using imagemaps
(no WMS): http://toporama.ctis.nrcan.gc.ca/toporama_en.html

Brent Fraser
bfraser at geoanalytic.com