[Mapserver-users] MapServer 4 Compile Error on RedHat 7.3

Dirk Geschwandtner dg at mapmedia.de
Tue Nov 11 12:14:21 EST 2003

Hello Vincent, hello Sean,

>>Dirk,
>>Add --with-ogr=[path to OGR build directory] to your configure.
>>Also,
>>I see that you will need to build the PROJ.4 library and add --with- proj
>>to your configure as well.
>
><shame> kind of stupid of me to overlook the obvious... Indeed you will
>have to specify ogr and proj when building mapserver, i guess...</ shame>

thanks for your suggestions, I already had that in my configure, but
still no change.

But: I tried gdal-1.1.8 instead of the newer ones and now everything worked
fine.
So I still have no idea why it broke but finally I got the MapServer.
If you have another idea let me know :-)

Thanks for your help,
         Dirk