[Mapserver-users] Raster layers are all gray

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Nov 11 12:33:50 EST 2003

Dan Harris wrote:
> I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here or if this is a bug.  But, I'm
> trying to display a raster on my map and I've tried it as 8-bit png,
> jpeg, and tiff and it won't render properly.
>
> It is the only layer in the map, so I don't think it's exhausting the
> color palette.  I've tried reducing to 16 colors and it makes the output
> image black instead of gray (is this a clue?).  So I can tell that
> mapserver is rendering the entire output as the "median" color of the
> raster image, but none of the details in the photo actually show up.
>
> I would upgrade to 4.0, but it seems to not mesh with my older GD
> libraries in Debian/stable.

Dan,

I'll take a quick look at your ortho file, but it would have been
helpful if you could have provided your whole mapfile, or at least a cutdown
simple one that reproduces the problem.  One obvious possibility is that
your map area might not intersect with the image's georeferenced area but
I can't check that without the map.

Best regards,