[Mapserver-users] Raster layers are all gray

Dan Harris coronadh at coronasolutions.com
Tue Nov 11 13:50:45 EST 2003

Thanks very much for your responses!

Yes, you're right.  It is a Terraserver image.  However, the original
world file was in UTM coordinates but everything else in my map is based
on DD.  So I converted the coordinates in the world file to DD.  When I
left them in UTM, the image didn't appear on the map anywhere, but after
converting to DD, I saw *something* at least!  So I thought I was on the
right track.

So if I can't mix the two, how can I remedy this?  The map file UNITS is
DD as are all my layers and points.  Do I need to do something else to
the world file to tell it to register as DD or do I have to get a
different image from another source?

Thanks again for your help, I'm still a newbie with rasters.

-Dan