[Mapserver-users] truetype error

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Wed Nov 12 10:07:12 EST 2003

On Wednesday, November 12, 2003, at 03:08  AM, Yvain Ballini wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I would like to know if there is some fix to problem that many users
> have
> met with the truetype font. I have compiled the work on XP using
> mapserver 3.5
> GD 2.0.15
> FreeType 2.2.5
> and at the execution I get the following error:
> msGetLabelSize(): TrueType Font error. libgd was not built with
> FreeType
> font support
> because mapserver is looking for the truetype font in gd.lib while it
> should
> do it directly in freetype.lib.
> Have someone any idea to fix the problem?
> Thanks a lot.
> Yvain.

Yvain,

This error is a sign that you compiled MapServer without defining
USE_GD_TTF or USE_GD_FT.  Add that to the other definitions for GD
such as -DUSE_GD_JPEG etc.

I hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.  My memory of
issues specific to version 3.5 is fading ... and I vaguely remember
that there was a transition from USE_GD_TTF to USE_GD_FT happening
around version 3.5.  Make sure to search the mapserver-users archive
for more information on GD and Truetype.

cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies