[Mapserver-users] application opinions

Nicolas Boretos nicolas at mail.maich.gr
Wed Nov 19 04:46:20 EST 2003

From: "Palle Due Larsen" <palle at mail-online.dk>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:25:08 +0100

 Hi,
Thanx for the feedback. Both suggestions seem like a good idea. I would tend at this time to go with a separate user dbf and join with the main. AFAIK, you can only add fields to a dbf when it is empty, thus you could not add user specific stuff to the same dbf.

Sooo, does some one have an example of a join that uses two dbf's; the "main" one from the shape file and a "second" dbf.
The numbder of records (corresponding to the shp inexes are the same in both).

Could this be added on the fly, just as we change mapfile parameters, eg color, by appending to the cgi url?

help would be appreciated...

regards,

nicolas