[Mapserver-users] TypeError-Problem with Python Mapscript

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Thu Nov 20 11:22:53 EST 2003

Hi Bjoern,
Just some thoughts...:
Are all paths to your data, etc. the same on both machines?
What about the permissions of the mapfile and or data and related files?
Hmm, what is the output of dir(mapscript)?

Cheers, Michael

Bjoern Platzen schrieb:
> Hi List,
>
> I just loaded my PyMapScript application onto the webserver.
>
> But now I get Errors, that I didn't get on my machine (They're both SuSE
> Linux 8.0, Mapserver 3.6.5 & Mapscript compiled with the same options).
>
> This is what I get on the shell:

> mapscript.mapObj('/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/bauinfo/bauinfo.map')

> <C mapObj instance at None>

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> TypeError: Type error. Expected _p_mapObj

> {'this': None, 'thisown': 1}

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> TypeError: Type error. Expected _p_mapObj
>
> It seems as if the mapObj() isn't built properly
> -> <C mapObj instance at None>
>                         ^^^^^^
> I think there should be something like
> -> <C mapObj instance at _08d0a240_p_mapObj>
>                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Has anyone an idea, of what could cause that the mapObj() isn't build
> right?
>
> Any help would be great!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bjoern.

Michael Schulz                                in medias res
Dipl.-Geologe                              Gesellschaft für
                                 Informationstechnologie mbH
                                      In den Weihermatten 66
		                             79108 Freiburg
                                      0761 55695-95 (Fax 96)