[Mapserver-users] drawQuery() Mapserver 4.0.1 postgis layers

Damian Schroder map_surfer at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 16:27:55 EST 2003

--0-1765435606-1069450075=:48222

I have created a mapserver application that has apostgis layer. Everything works perfectly, with theexception of on mapsever method drawQuery() and itonly fails randomly (that is, it works partly). I'mnot sure if it is a problem with mapserver or someperformance issue with my table.I did receive some advice with this problem before:check the mapserver_ChangeLog.txt for updates. I did,and saw some changes I thought might be relevant. Idownloaded mapserver 4.0.1 (current stable version)compiled and tested only to get the same results.So, I started from scratch1. insured USE_STATS = 1 (in makefile)2. created new database ran postgis.sql3. loaded table4. CREATE INDEX x_index ON x_table USING GIST(the_geom GIST_GEOMETRY_OPS );5. VACUUM ANALYZE;6. CREATE INDEX x_table_oid_idx ON x_table (oid);7. VACUUM ANALYZE;8. SELECT UPDATE_GEOMETRY_STATS();9. VACUUM ANALYZE;the HISTOGRAM2D has what appears to be the extentsfollowed by lots of 0's and some integers mixed inhere and there (not really
 sure what I should beseeing).It is IMPORTANT to note. I ALWAYS get the results froma query, regardless of records queried. The onlyproblem exist when drawing the query map.

I am using these versions:

postgres 7.3.3

postgis 0.7.5Hope someone can point me in the right direction.Thanks, Damian

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
--0-1765435606-1069450075=:48222

<DIV><PRE><TT>I have created a mapserver application that has a
[...]

problem exist when drawing the query map.</TT></PRE><PRE><TT>I am using these versions:</TT></PRE><PRE><TT>postgres 7.3.3</TT></PRE><PRE><TT></TT><TT>postgis 0.7.5

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks, Damian

</TT></PRE></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1765435606-1069450075=:48222--