[Mapserver-users] PDF problems

William K woklist at charter.net
Mon Nov 24 12:43:12 EST 2003

I thought I'd look into PDF output and found a few problems.  I'm aware
of the alternate method of generating a high-resolution png and using
PHP to generate the PDF, but I find the PDF output quality works fine.

- pattern fills don't work.  Whether it's a raster png pattern or
vector pattern, in the PDF it's a solid color fill.

- point symbols - for png symbols, the transparency is ignored.  vector
symbols work fine.

- line symbols - dashes don't work, it ends up as a solid line in the
PDF.

Any plans or solutions to fix these issues? (besides the PNG method)

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro